We provide a pre-sort lesson, as well as supplies and day-of instruction to your class to conduct a successful waste sort. Hands-on projects like this support Washington education standards and provide opportunities to apply academic skills to real-world problem solving.
Students will have an opportunity to:
- Learn about materials and the environmental impacts of everyday products we use and behaviors we practice.
- Evaluate the school’s garbage and recycling by collecting, sorting, and weighing garbage and recyclables.
- Analyze the data collected.
- Research and propose solutions to reduce trash and increase recycling.
- Present the results to the school community.
Offered to students in 2nd through 12th grade
To schedule, contact:
Thurston County Solid Waste