The South Sound Estuary Association’s (SSEA) Estuarium is a marine life discovery center featuring aquariums, interactive activities, and interpretive exhibits. It’s a great place to visit for all ages. Our education team works with groups to design an exciting private visit to the Estuarium or even to your classroom by special appointment. Groups have included families, preschool, childcare, school, boy/girl scouts, boys and girls clubs, families and seniors. To request and schedule a group visit, complete the Estuarium Group Request form on our website.
- Aquariums featuring an amazing diversity of animals from intertidal, subtidal environments in South Puget Sound.
- Preserved specimens from the depths of Puget Sound.
- Video Programming features an exciting array of short videos from local organizations and projects.
- Hands on Exhibits include the “Web of Life”, microscopes, coloring, puzzles, and aquarium activities. While not ideal for very young children, hands on activities at the Estuarium are great for school age children.
- Interpretive Exhibits are highly educational on a variety of subjects relating to South Puget Sound ecology, geology, restoration, and recreation.
- The Community Billboard connects visitors to upcoming opportunities beyond the Estuarium to enjoy and protect Puget Sound.