Sarah Moorehead is the Agricultural Outreach Specialist at the Thurston Conservation District. Her responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the Clear Choices for Clean Water Program
- Coordiating and hosting the South Puget Sound Regional Envirothon
- Facilitating education and resources to Thurston County prairie landowners
- Producing Thurston CD’s quarterly newsletter: Conversations on Conservation
- Coordinationg Workshops and Events
- Organizing community involvment in the Annual Native Plant Sale
- Serving as the intern, volunteer, and AmeriCorps coordinator
- Providing education and outreach to the community about natural resources management and Thurston CD services
- Promoting Thurston CD at community events and conferences
- Creating educational materials
- Maintaining the Thurston CD Facebook, Twitter, and website
- President of Mount2Sound Adventures
- Representative on the Washington State Envirothon Committee.
Sarah graduated from The Evergreen State College in 2011 with a Bachelors in Environmental Science, focusing in Natural Resources Science Education. She has additional skills in outreach, marketing, event coordination, educational material development, and water quality monitoring.
Speakers Bureau Participant: Contact me about serving as a guest speaker, presenter, or panel member.